Portarlington Golf Club was founded in 1908, set in the towns land of Garryhinch about 2.5 miles from Portarlington.
This beautiful parkland course was designed by Eddie Hackett in the early 1990s, the course was converted from 9 holes to 18 holes which brought the River Barrow and the woodland areas adjoining the river into play. The magnificent old trees and the wildlife, mallard ducks, swans and red squirrel that roam the fairways and woods make the course an enchanting venue. The golf course is an enjoyable challenge to both high and low handicapped golfers alike.
The Clubs members have won various award throughout the years: