The Neale GAA club is the heart and soul of the community accross Cong, Cross & The Neale.We provide football for boys & girls from 5 years and upward.
The Neale played Championship football at Junior level until victory in 2012. This was followed up by victory at Intermediate level in 2019. In 2020 in the clubs first year at Senior level the Neale reached the County Senior Quarter Final. The Ladies Club was founded in March 1981 and was initially called St. Feichin’s Ladies Football Club. The club was renamed ‘The Neale Ladies’ in the late 1980s
In 2018 a 'One Club' approach was adopted formally by the Neale GAA and the LGFA clubs.
The club is a valuable social outlet in addition to making a massive contribution to physical & emotional development.
The club is situated on the shores of two lakes, Lough Mask to the north and Lough Corrib to the south.
The club's origins can be traced back to the early 1900's when there were two local teams in the parish called "Lavelles" from Cong and "Cross" from Cross.
The very first recorded history of the game of hurling happened in the middle of our little parish in Moytura.
It wasn't until 1944 that the club we know today as The Neale was formed, when Lavelles, Cross and men from the Neale got together.